The Royal Garden of Light Opening Days and Hours
The Royal Garden of Light is open from 8th October 2022 to 28th February 2023 every day, except for: 13th October, 1st November, 24th and 31st December 2022.
- 2nd November 2022 – 5th February 2023, between 16.00–21.00 (admission until 20.30).
- 6th February – 28th February 2023, between 17.00–21.00 (admission until 20.30).
Mappings and luminous-music shows days and hours
Mapping shows on the façade of the Wilanów Palace
You are invited to the mappings on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 8th October 2022 to 26th February 2023, except for: 1st November, 24th and 31st December 2022.
Additional mapping shows: 11th November; 6th and 25th–30th December 2022; 1st and 6th January and 14th February 2023.
- November 2022 – January 2023: 17.30, 18.30, 19.00, 19.30 i 20.30
- but on 6th and 13th November, 4th, 11th and 18th December 2022 exceptionally: 18.30, 19.00, 19.30 i 20.30
Shows in the Music Tunnel and the Music Garden of Dreams
Shows in the Music Tunnel in the foreground and the Music Garden of Dreams on the lower terrace of the baroque garden take place every day.
- November 2022 – January 2023: 16.00, 16.15, 16.30, 16.45, 17.00, 17.15, 17.45, 18.00, 18.15, 18.45, 19.15, 19.45, 20.00, 20.15, 20.45
- February 1 until 5, 2023: 16.00, 16.15, 16.30, 16.45, 17.00, 17.15, 17.45, 18.15, 18.45, 19.15, 19.45, 20.00, 20.15, 20.45
- February 6 until 28, 2023: 17.00, 17.15, 17.45, 18.15, 18.45, 19.15, 19.45, 20.00, 20.15, 20.45
Royal Garden of Light entrance tickets
Ticket prices to the Royal Garden of Light:
- Monday – Thursday: 20 PLN full-price ticket, 10 PLN half-price ticket
- Friday – Sunday and days with the mapping shows: 40 PLN full-price ticket, 20 PLN half-price ticket
- chldren under 7 years old: admission free (without a ticket)
- additional mapping shows: 11th November, 6th and 25th–30th December 2022, 1st–6th January, 14th February 2023: weekend prices (40 PLN full-price ticket, 20 PLN half-price ticket)
Tickets for the Royal Garden of Light can be purchased every day at the museum ticket office, ticket machines in the foreground of the palace (during exhibition opening hours) and online. We encourage you to purchase tickets online at: bilety.wilanow-palac.pl.
You need to know:
- Museum ticket office is open between 9.00–15.00.
- Tickets can be purchased at the ticket machine every day during exhibition opening hours (note: payment at the ticket machine is only possible by card).
- The number of entrance tickets for a given hour is limited. When purchasing your ticket, you must indicate the time slot for entry to the Royal Garden of Light. This means that you must enter the exhibition at that time. You can stay at the exhibition until it closes at 21. Restrictions are implemented for safety reasons.
- You can only receive an invoice when you buy your ticket at the ticket office or online (note: it is not possible to issue an invoice after buying a ticket at the ticket machine).
- Groups from children's homes, social welfare centres and care facilities can purchase tickets for 1 PLN per person. To book a ticket for 1 PLN, contact the Audience Services Department: email@example.com, tel. 22 544 28 00.
Half-price ticket to the Royal Garden of Light
Half-price tickets are available to citizens of EU or EFTA (upon presentation of a document entitling them to the concession):
- Pupils and students in primary, lower secondary, secondary and art schools
- Students of Teacher Training Centres and Social Services Workers College
- Students and postgraduate students
- Teachers in kindergartens, primary schools, lower secondary schools, secondary schools, art schools, teachers in educational institutions and educators in educational care centres, correction centres, juvenile detention centres and diagnostic and consulting centres
- People over the age of 65, pensioners, annuitants, social annuitants
- Disabled people and their carers
- People who have been awarded: the badge ‘For the care of historical monuments’, the badge of honour "Meritorious cultural activist", the badge of honour "Meritorious for Polish Culture" or the honorary title "Meritorious for National Culture".
You need to know:
- The ticket includes a tour around the entire Royal Light Garden - including mapping shows on the days they take place.
- Large Family Card, Pole's Card, Warsaw Pass and other discounts - the Royal Garden of Light is a temporary exhibition, which does not qualify for a ticket under the "Museum for a zloty" campaign; it also does not qualify for the Large Family Card discount or other discounts and statutory reductions which are applicable to permanent exhibitions.
- Tickets are only valid on the day for which they are issued. Purchased tickets are not refundable or exchangeable.
- The ticket entitles you to ONE entry to the exhibition area. If you leave the exhibition, your ticket is no longer valid and you cannot re-enter. Please plan your visit to the exhibition in such a way that you see all the available attractions you want to see (i.e. the illuminated garden and the mappings on the palace façade) in one entry.
- We accept payments by cards: VISA, MasterCard.
Tours for groups
- Group tours of the Royal Garden of Light cannot be booked.
- Regardless of the number of people in the group, everyone (including guardians) buys tickets for 20 PLN (full-price) / 10 PLN (half-price) from Monday to Thursday and 40 PLN (full-time) / 20 PLN (half-price) on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and designated days with additional mapping shows.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance at the ticket office and online. When buying tickets at the ticket office, you will need to indicate which day you are planning to visit. When buying tickets online, please select the correct tour date.
- Tickets are only valid on the day for which they are issued.
- Group tickets can also be purchased online: www.bilety.wilanow-palac.pl.
There is a free public car park at our guests' disposal, located at 31 Stanisława Kostki Potockiego Street managed by the Wilanów District Office (open every day) and a paid museum car park at 6A Stanisława Kostki Potockiego Street, entrance from Vogla Street (open every day).
Parking fees at 6A Stanisława Kostki Potockiego Street (24-hour paid car park):
- 1st hour – 5,00 PLN
- 2nd hour – 5,00 PLN
- 3rd hour and each additional hour – 10,00 PLN
- a day – 50,00 PLN
- Contractual penalty (request for the payment of the additional fee) – 300,00 PLN.
- The amount of the additional fee shall be reduced to 150.00 PLN if it is paid within 7 days from the date of issue of the request to pay the additional fee.
- The fee for towing a vehicle is: 1000,00 PLN.
- 24-hour commercial monthly subscription – 300,00 PLN.
- Monthly night subscription from 20.00 to 08.00 – 150,00 PLN.
Disabled people with a valid parking card issued by the relevant authority are not exempt from the parking fee when occupying a specially designated parking space (envelope) and when leaving the vehicle in a parking space other than the specially designated one - the fee must be paid according to the price list.
Access by public transport
The Royal Garden of Light exhibition at the Museum of King Jan III's Palace at Wilanów can be reached by public transport, buses no.: 116, 130, 139, 163, 164, 180, 200, 251, 264, 317, 339, 519, E-2.
Frequently asked questions
If you have any questions, please look for the answers HERE.
If you do not find an answer, please feel free to contact us.
Regulations for visitors to the Royal Garden of Light
No pets other than a guide or assistance dog are allowed in the Royal Garden of Light or the entire park.
The following are not permitted in the Royal Garden of Light: running, riding or bringing bicycles (including children's bicycles) into the area, using skateboards, scooters, rollerblades, sledges, etc.
Please read the full regulations for the Royal Garden of Light tour.
Please note: Due to the intense flashing light and fast frames, the exhibition, films and mappings may cause adverse reactions in people who are sensitive to visual stimuli (e.g. epileptic).
t: 882 341 106 | available from 4.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m.
The Royal Garden of Light at the Wilanow Palace is an open-air exhibition with thousands of colourful eco-LEDs creating sophisticated forms. This great installation is a perfect proposal for cold gloomy evenings, both for kids and adults!
Music TunnelAfter dark, visitors to the historic gardens of the Wilanów Palace enter a space where they can feel as …
How long does it take to tour the entire Royal Garden of Light?A tour of the entire exhibition takes about …
The Wilanów residence is composed of the palace, its decorations and works of art, gardens and sculptures located in the park and also numerous buildings and monuments raised in the location since 1677. A visit to Wilanów, be it virtual or real, provides an opportunity to experience the core of our tradition that is also a part of the common European culture.
The Wilanów Top 15 presents the most valuable, extraordinary and beautiful works of art from the Wilanów Palace collection. The exhibits originate from all over the world, from ancient Rome through 17th-century Japan to ateliers of the French masters. Their history reflects the lives and fate of people related to the Wilanów residence. Get acquainted with the exhibits, view and admire them only to rediscover them later in the palace interiors.
A film about the king-gardener and his lemon-trees in Wilanów.