© Muzeum of King Jan III’s Palace at Wilanów
Konserwacja   Konserwacja

Royal Carriages

Shortly after Jan III Sobieski’s death, the Wilanów coach house contained eight royal carriages and two coaches. Along other property, the vehicles passed on to the king’s heirs. Some of them were transported to Oława, where in 1741 they were requisitioned as Prussian spoils of war. The coaches were dismantled and their material used for constructing a pulpit for a protestant chapel in Radacz near Słupsk. When properly cut, selected parts of the coaches were adjusted...