Project “Revitalisation and digitalisation of Wilanów, the only Baroque royal residence in Poland”
In October 2014, the Museum of King Jan III's Palace in Wilanów launched another project financed by the European Union, namely “The revitalisation and digitalisation of Wilanów, the only Baroque royal residence in Poland”.
The Project had secured support from the European Regional Development Fund under the Infrastructure and Environment 2007-2013 Operational Programme, Priority XI “Culture and Cultural Heritage”, Activity 11.1. Protecting and maintaining cultural heritage of over-regional importance. The total value of the Project: PLN 18 854 348,06. The amount of additional financing: PLN 14 912 881,37 (European Regional Development Fund: PLN 12 675 949,15, and State Budget: PLN 2 236 932,22).
In accordance with the Project Implementation Scheme, the investment was implemented in the period from October 2014 until September 2015.
The project accomplished the following objectives:
- To conduct conservation and restoration works in the Banqueting Hall and its adjoining staircases, the Three Windows Cabinet and the Quiet Room.
- To assess the conservation and biological conditions and to determine the necessary conservation and chemical works, while also evaluating the deterioration risks of selected exhibition rooms.
- To renovate and conserve the Pump House and its environs.
- To upgrade the roof in the southern wing of the Palace in Wilanów.
- To renovate the roof on the Guardhouse, including thermal-modernisation works in the attic.
- To conserve the retaining wall of the moat facing the foreground.
- To make historical and environmental resources accessible to people with visual and hearing impairments.
- To render selected collections into 3D.
- To implement innovative methods for registering and integrating data from various sources to produce 3D representations of the Palace in Wilanów.
- Open Museum – Virtual Museum.
- Project management.
- Project preparation.
- To conserve the well on the Palace courtyard.
- To conserve and restore paintings, sculptures and handicraft works from the collections of the Museum of King Jan III's Palace in Wilanów.
- To upgrade the roof on Belweder.
- To redevelop the existing cold-water system to adjust it to serve the fire-fighting needs of the Fig Tree Conservatory.
- To redevelop and adapt the cellars in the western part of the Orangery for the purposes of the 3D-exhibit rendering workshop and for a back office for the Garden Department staff.
- To provide the 3D-exhibit rendering workshop in the Orangery basement with ventilation and air-conditioning systems.
- To lower the floor in the Quiet Room and the Three Windows Cabinet, while also replacing the electrical system.
- To prepare educational copies for "The military camp of King Jan III in Wilanów", a historical-reconstruction programme.
- To extend the integrated system of wireless and free-of-charge access to the Internet - a hot-spot on the premises of the Museum of King Jan III's Palace in Wilanów.
- To purchase and implement an advanced server infrastructure with a view to improving the quality and increasing the availability of Museum’s network services.
- To conserve, reconstruct and prepare copies of two vases with heads of swans and knots.
- Project savings.
The movie “The revitalisation and digitalisation of Wilanów, the only Baroque royal residence in Poland”
“The revitalisation and digitalisation of Wilanów, the only Baroque royal residence in Poland” was probably the most difficult of all …
The Wilanów Palace was established at the behest of King Jan III as his suburban summer residence. The building was …
The conservation and restoration work covered the interior of the Banqueting Hall on the top floor of the main body …
Let us tell you a story about someone truly fantastic. About a girl who despite all the onslaughts of fate …
June 17th, 1696. The day began like any other day in Wilanów. King Jan III Sobieski went on a morning …
Project “Social education in the conflict between urbanisation and ecology at the Wilanów Palace Museum”
The Palace of King Jan III and the surrounding park are located at the outskirts of a dynamically developing city. …
A movie about benefits of the project 'Renovation of the royal palace and garden complex in Wilanow – stage …